Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Road Trip

I hopped in the truck and rode with Reed to Baton Rouge for a very quick road trip this week.  We went there and back in a little over 12 hours.  I enjoy these trips, but when we were in Home Depot in Hattiesburg after 7:00 at night, I knew it would be a long work day the next day.  I am simply not the woman I use to be!

We usually stop at this neat little rest area on these trips.   This trip we weren't stopping, but I kindly and repeatedly begged Reed to pull in and let me get this picture.  He gave me 30 thirty seconds!  (See things are slow in the blogging world right now, so I have grasp every opportunity I can)



I am not a coffee drinker, but I recently stumbled upon Pumpkin Spice Latte's at Starbucks!  After just one, I was hooked!  Thanks to my trusty IPhone, I was able to locate a Starbucks right off the interstate.  We enjoyed a latte on the way down, AND on the way back!  My accountant son said that no one should spend that much on coffee in just one day! This time we tried the gingerbread and caramel brûlée lattes.  Yummy!  I am trying to convince Reed that a Starbucks would be a great hit in Aliceville. He's not buying into that for some reason though!


Below are some of the exciting things we saw on this trip!  I can't remember the last time I saw an Elsie the Cow truck!!  Love these beautiful flags!  There are purple tigers everywhere-Bless them!


We ate at the Bass Pro Shop and did a little shopping.  This is such a neat store!  It was decorated as winter wonderland. You have to love any store that has live ducks in a pond in the middle of the store! Santa was there, as well as a carousel.  I so wished the girls had been with us!  I left with an $8.00 pair of earrings and a smile!



Can't wait for our next adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment