Monday, May 22, 2017

World Cup-Day 1

So, I learned that this soccer All Star event was referred to as the World Cup.  That means that I have no idea who we actually played, because they had names like Vancouver and Orlando.  We had no idea what to expect, but this team played their hearts out and were really, really good. I must also quietly admit that I'm starting to like this sport!  I still don't understand all the ins and outs, but I'm getting there! This was also our first time to attend a sporting event in Anniston.  I think by the time these three are grown, we will get to visit every town in the entire state of Alabama.

Day 1-Game One

Pregame sunscreen, snack time, and team pow-wow!


I try to be fair and objective, but right now I am going to brag a little bit.  Maddie is playing with players that have been playing for 3-4 years.  She has been playing for about 2 months.  In fairness, her dad has been working with her in the yard forever, but this was her first attempt at playing on a real team.  She rocked it!!  She's fast and has an inner drive to succeed.  We just couldn't be prouder! I'm already looking forward to the fall season!


While she's out there playing her heart out, there's always exciting things happening on the sidelines!



Why you ask did I include this picture of this little fellow in the top left corner?  He's holding the ball from the goal Maddie kicked!!  I didn't get the kick, so this will have to do! More fun on the sidelines!



And more action on the field!
 Game one ended with a 5-1 victory, and lots of smiles!



After a lunch break, we arrive back with more entertainment with the little ones, and then on to game 2.


Yummy!!


Gymnastics practice!


So, I have no idea why I hardly had any pictures of this game!  They won either 2-0 or 3-0.  This is a really talented group, and I'm so glad she got this opportunity!






And this one never, slowed down!!


Next up, games 3 & 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment