Wednesday, May 24, 2017

World Cup-Day 2

After a very rainy night, we weren't sure they'd be able to play, but luckily they were. Pop and Uncle C weren't able to go with me, so I ventured back to Anniston by myself.  Two new teams were on the agenda for today.  They won the first one, and faced another undefeated team in the championship.  They ultimately lost 2-1, but played an awesome game and could have won!  Again, I have no idea where their competition was from, but they had some awesome players.  It's amazing how talented these 7 & 8 year olds are!

Game 3-These sweet girls were captains!


Hustling all the time!


Let me share something I've learned......The bottom right picture shows the team building a wall, because the opposing team is getting a corner kick.  The wall is to protect the goal.  It's not much, but I'm learning.



They won the 3rd game, and were now ready for the Championship Game. This team was also undefeated and no one had scored on them.  Trust me, they knew they were lucky to come out with a win after this one was over!!
This fast paced match featured lots of fancy footwork, closely missed goals, corner kicks, and more!  It was everything a championship game should be! The difference proved to be a penalty kick the other team scored on.......I'd explain what happened, but I'm just not there yet! The final score was 2-1.


We could not be prouder of this sweet girl and this second place finish!


They may be little, but they are fierce!  I truly hate that this season is over!  So much fun!


Next up, our sweet Lillian is 5! How is that possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment