Saturday, February 23, 2019

San Antonio

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend a conference in the beautiful city of San Antonio.  Since my semi-retirement, I haven't shared much about my new job here on the blog.  Make no mistake, I absolutely love it.  I am a Regional Coordinator for GEAR UP Alabama, and serve the high schools in Greene, Hale, Perry and Pickens Counties-eight schools.  I have loved getting to know my colleagues, and students.  I am amazed at how much I have enjoyed working with high school students, after 31 years in elementary! I also work with some amazing ladies, and it has been a joy getting to know them. This supposedly part time job keeps me very, very busy-but is so rewarding!  I am truly thankful for it!


We stayed right on the Riverwalk, so I enjoyed lots of walks and sight seeing!



This was directly outside of our hotel.


These little boats were beautiful-and were advertisements.


 The Alamo was a half a mile away.  I strolled over early one morning before the conference began.  It's surrounded by downtown San Antonio now. Still a very unique place.





It's such an old city and the architecture is beautiful.





The Tower of Americas was directly outside my room.  Pretty awesome view!


Riverboat cruise with some of my sweet co-workers!


We are headed back to California this summer!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment