Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Thirty Seven

On August 29, 1982, two bright eyed 20 year olds said, "I do." That was thirty seven years ago, which is really hard to believe!  It seems like yesterday.  Just a few random facts-we met in 9th grade during homeroom, and our first date was our Junior Prom.  We married our Senior year in college, which I know I shouldn't recommend, but it really was lots of fun. Two kids, four grand kids, a son and daughter in law, a zillion animals, four moves, and lots of good times have occurred since then. The good times have outweighed the bad 100 to 1, and I really wouldn't go back and change a thing.  We have been blessed with a great marriage, and for that I am forever grateful.  I highly recommend marrying your best friend.



Check out these babies!!



We went to the mountains for our honeymoon, but other than one disastrous youth trip, we haven't been back.  We generally head to the beach.  This year we went the The Grand in Point Clear, which is beautiful.  We made our way over to Gulf Shores a couple of times.  We got one good beach day in before the rain arrived.  That was truly enough for me.





A rainy day at the beach is better than a sunny day anywhere else to me!!






The reenactment with the shooting of a canon is done each day at the Grand.  It's quite impressive.  We were actually able to watch from our room this time.



Beautiful!


I'm looking forward to the next 37!

No comments:

Post a Comment