Thursday, December 12, 2019

Friends

Many, many years ago several of the then older ladies in our church (Aliceville First United Methodist) approached the younger ladies (Many of whom are now almost older ladies), and told us it was time for us to form our own circle.  I particularly remember Myrtle Ruth Alexander and Mary Frances Noland leading this effort.  Before long, the Friendship Circle was born, and oh what fun we have had together.  We have experienced marriages, births, deaths, and every life event in between.  We have laughed, cried, prayed, and shared so many special things together.  I treasure each lady in this group, and am thankful for the impact each has had on my life.  I host the annual Christmas Party and ornament swap, and it is one of the highlights of my year.  We had a near disaster (broken water line), and I was worried we would have to move it.  However, my trusty repair man (Reed) came through at the last minute and all was well. We have several other ladies in our church that we would love to join us!

Everyone brings an appetizer and the fun begins. Notice our faithful Pastor!  He is the only man in the church that's also a member of the women's group.


Two of my very favorite people.



After a tasty meal, we do a little business and have a devotion.


Then the fun begins-Our ornament swap!  If you hear any vicious rumors about me stealing from the preacher or his wife, rest assured they are true.  I believe if you are going to play anything, you should give it all you've got!  I am going to add that the sweet, quiet lady in the picture above is the one you really have to watch.  I'm going to let you decide which of the two I am talking about. 


I still don't think Laura quite knows what to think about us.  She's also probably a little dismayed that I volunteered her house for an upcoming meeting.  Love her!


Cathy admiring an ornament that I am pretty sure she didn't get to keep.


And I know Pam didn't keep that one!


Jennifer went through several ornaments.


Sweet sisters!


Susie, Jenni, and Sarah-all smiles.


Karen's ornament was also taken several times.  She went back to the unopened ones everytime. No stealing for her.


Don't let that sweet smile fool you!


Jenni got in on the fun, too.


We were missing several, but still had an awesome group. 


My tree is literally filled with ornaments from this event.  Each one is as unique and as special as this group.  Thanks for the sweet, special memories. 
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment