Saturday, December 28, 2019

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Good intentions-I really had them.  I was going to do multiple posts during this wonderful time of the year.  I was going to share all the little and big things we had going on.........It just didn't happen.  So, I'm just going to skip to the main event, and assure you that we had a wonderful month.

The decorations and tree are down and all boxed up.  The big kids are here for a visit, and sadly the little one is under the weather. All that remains are wonderful memories, and the promise of more to come.  As I have said many, many times, I love everything about Christmas.  I mostly love sharing it with the ones I love the most!

The gang's all here!  We actually celebrated here the Saturday before Christmas.  I have adopted that day, and so far it's working out perfectly.  The big kids stayed a couple of days and played with John Sawyer.


Next year, there will be one more.  Reed is thrilled that the boys will outnumber the girls 3-2!


After breakfast, we opened presents.  Smiles all around!


Maddie asked for and received a crossbow. John Sawyer thinks Reed is the greatest thing since peanut butter!  


Just a few more snapshots of our time together.


And he's off!


Back to the presents!


After opening presents, the kids played and then we enjoyed a great supper together.  It was a full, but wonderful day.


 We took the kids back and spent Christmas Eve with Lindsey and her family, and then traveled back to quickly see Caleb and his family before they left for the Hall's.  Very busy day, but so worth it!




For some reason, I didn't take one single picture Christmas morning at Caleb's.  So, this precious picture of this angel will have to take the place of those pictures!



We made cookies, looked at Christmas lights, attended different events, enjoyed Taylor's cantata, shopped and more.  I am thankful for such a blessed, wonderful time of celebrating the birth of Jesus!
It was a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment