Sunday, December 1, 2019

Thankful

Our best memories of holidays have everything to do with who we share them with, and little to do with the food and trimmings.  This was a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, and I loved sharing it with those we love the most.  Pop and I took the kids home Wednesday and stayed to enjoy a special meal with them before heading back Thursday afternoon to spend time with Caleb and his family. Lindsey did an awesome job of cooking.  Grandmother would have been very proud of her dressing and gravy-and especially her caramel cake. Saturday, we all gathered here for a Thanksgiving meal, built our candy houses, and watched a little football.  Even with two running fever and a couple more not feeling very spunky, we still had a near perfect day. I am so very thankful for my family, and couldn't love them more.  It's a really awesome feeling to see and experience what wonderful people they have grown to be (and their spouses, too).

Thanksgiving -Round 1



Round 2-I did not get one picture of the turkey frying going on outside!  I was inside working on the other "stuff". It was delicious as always though!  Love our chief cook.






Love this stinker!


A little pre-meal fun!




We find out what number 2 is this week, and while it truly doesn't matter-I can't wait!!


Two of the sweetest girls in the whole wide world!


Time to eat!  The only picture I got of this.


Thank goodness it was warm enough to make our houses outside this year.  This is our twenty-ninth year.  Forgive me for bragging, but we've got this little activity down pat!  I am only going to share a little of the completed houses now.  I am working on a post of all things Christmas.  I must add that this is a tradition that I love, and hope they do, too.  


This one is a perfectionist-and completed a cute, cute sleigh.



This one helped all three of her children get started before working on hers.


Pop is our resident artist, and we know he is always going to end up with something quite special.


Taylor and Lillian were hard at work.


Josh is giving Reed a little advice.


This job requires lots of serious thinking, and a little help from a picture on the phone! :)


Hard at work!


"Nana, do you mean I really get to play with all this candy, icing, cookies and cereal?"


This little one was actually a little under the weather.


Our finished products, but much more to come on these.  No kits-just boxes, candy, icing and goodies with lots of imagination and tons of fun!



Merry Christmas!  

No comments:

Post a Comment