Friday, March 31, 2023

So Long March

 This week has been jam packed with grandchildren adventures. We began the week watching JS play baseball. I traveled east to take Maddie to a couple of doctor appointments, and to watch Reed play soccer. We were so excited for Lillian’s softball season this year, but a PE injury has put that on hold for a while. She has a fracture and her growth plate has been injured. She will be put to sleep next week to stabilize it. We are praying for a speedy recovery. She was moving to catcher (Just like her mother) this season, and we couldn’t wait to watch. Fingers crossed that she will make it back in time to play some. Reed had his first soccer game and won 8-0.  He scored 4 goals! Maddie won 2nd in the 3200 during her meet in Lincoln. Pop was able to go to that while I was in Alex City. He has been busy turkey hunting. In between all the sporting events, we have also gotten some yard work done. We planted 10 flats of flowers among a few other things, and I can’t wait to see it all in full bloom. This last freeze did lots of damage, but I am happy to say lots of things are starting to bloom. More on that later. 

This sweet thing starts a new school next week. Praying for a smooth transition!


I told her these glasses were the rage among eighty year olds!! 


Checking on those runner’s feet! I love doing even the not so fun things with our kiddos. 


Go Maddie!


I may not have always been a soccer fan, but I love it now. I’m definitely still learning, but I’ve come a long way! It’s so much fun to watch him play!





He has been very committed to turkey hunting this season!


My very favorite baseball player.  



Lillian made a new friend at the doctor's office!


She's been a trooper, but there has been a good bit of pain and discomfort.  I'll be glad when this is just another memory.


I just can't believe March is over.  We have a very busy April coming up with lots more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment