Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Huntin' Fishing and Stuff

I absolutely love hunting season (deer, turkey, dove, duck -it doesn't matter).  And no, I do not hunt.  I have no desire to hunt.  I really don't understand what all the thrill is about.  I like it for 2 reasons - it makes my guys happy and it gives me lots of free time to myself.  (Is that selfish?)  I think I can honestly say that in 28 years of marriage, I have never one time complained about Caleb or Reed hunting.  (I will say that then we were dating Reed's coon hunting gave me fits at times.  Thank goodness he gave that up before we married!) Reed taught both Lindsey and Caleb to appreciate and love the outdoors.  They both started doing fun things with him outside at an early age.  Lindsey never really hunted, but she loves the outdoors.  Caleb has grown to really appreciate the opportunites he's had hunting.  Reed and Caleb also seem to enjoy the "getting ready" as much as actually hunting.  They both love driving the tractor, planting fields, and all the other things that go into it.  The cost of this little hobby would probably send me over the edge, if we ever figured it out.  I can't think of anything I could do as a hobby that could compare.  However, their enjoyment of simply being in the woods either by themselves or together makes it all worthwhile.  Most of these pictures are a few years old, but I wanted to share them with you.......

Caleb getting ready to shoot some doves.

Looking for a downed bird
Gus loves to hunt too!
Brooke got in on the fun.

I love this!  Doesn't Gus look like he's having fun?


                                                     Reed's last deer of the season last year

Nothing but trouble!

                               
Even bigger trouble!!  We've got big plans for these little piggies.  This picture was taken over the weekend
with Reed's game camera.  They enjoyed eating and rooting around 2:00 in the morning.

Waiting on the ducks
This was actually Gus getting his 1st duck.
Gobble Gobble!

Caleb fixing to catch a big one.

Fun times deep sea fishing

A Few  More Blasts from the Past-
An oldie but goodie-Hasn't Caleb changed?

Reed and Lee and our precious Jake. Not sure when this was taken,
 but it was quite a few years ago.


Loved that dog. I think that masked man is my hubby.


The Princess
Did I mention that we all loved this dog?


Caleb -I still can't get over how much he has changed.


I mainly put this one in because I loved the matching camo......

No hunting-just fun times!

Dove season is still in, although I have been told that we have no birds.  However, deer season is just around the corner.  Reed and Caleb can't wait.  They are also excited about Josh joining them this year.  And while they are hunting, I will be reading, cooking, shopping, scrapbooking, playing with Maddie, napping, and lots of other fun things.  I CAN'T WAIT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment