Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Look Back

Well, it's finally happened.  I have absolutely nothing to blog about.  It has been a busy, work-filled week, and I can't wait for a long weekend.  These are my plans-read a book, watch the ballgame, maybe cook a meal or two, and do absolutely nothing else.  Well, maybe I'll do a load or two of laundry, and possibly get in a little pool time.  Now just for the fun of it, and because I am truly missing my carefree summer days, I am going to post a few more pictures of my summer, and other fun times.  I am having a hard time remembering why I thought it wouldn't be a good idea to retire just yet.............Happy Labor Day!!

Pool Time

For the past 20 years or so, my special friend Cathy has been bringing her "big" kids from her daycare to swim in the afternoons.  I LOVE this time with her and the children.  She has taught many, many kids to swim during these visits.  I simply enjoy our conversations and getting to know these children. 

                                       

                                   A little blurry, but this is most of this year's bunch!
 





Family

I love doing anything that involves our family. 


                                    
                               Sometimes I have a hard time explaining these two
                                                   -but I love them dearly!

Grandmother and Papa

Josh helping Maddie swim.


Maddie enjoying the beach.

An oldie but goodie-Reed, Lindsey and Tim ~ She does love these two!

Another oldie-Everyone should have an Aunt Di!!

(Ashley has taken some time off since she had Emma Cate,
but I highly recommend her.  Her pictures are beautiful!!!)
YUM!



Is it just me or does this look like Maddie?  This is actually Lindsey.


Friends


For several years, we have gone to the beach with two other families.  This year we didn't get to do this.  Weddings, college, graduation, and "things" kept us from going, and I truly missed this trip.  I am determined to go next year.  Here are a few of pictures from past trips. I had more I wanted to share, but it's 11:00 on a school night...I NEVER stay up this late!   


                                          Caleb and Casey feeding the dolphins

Caleb & Casey~Lindsey thought this looked liked fun, so she tried this too. 
She, however, ended up with a broken ankle on her first try.....



Reed, Brooke, Caleb & Casey sitting on the beach~We (mainly me & Stacy) spend HOURS doing this. 
 Lynn P hangs with us a good bit, but shopping usually lures her away. However, she is a great vacation companion.  She cooks, cleans, washes & folds our clothes~Who could ask for more?!?

Isn't this neat!

Michael catching a big one!!

I am going to get in REALLY BIG trouble about this picture!


I wish we were doing this right now!!



Thanks for letting me reminisce.  Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment