Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Oh Happy Day

I wanted to share a few of things that simply make me happy. 

On a side note-I found this program on my computer that has tons of old pictured stored, so I am going to be sharing several oldies.....

1.  My family-This really covers a lot of territory.  Of course, there is Reed, Lindsey, Caleb, Josh, and Maddie.  But I also really enjoy the cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and all the "extras".  I am glad Christmas and Thanksgiving are just around the corner.


                                                       Enjoying Maddie's First Christmas

                                                           Caleb and Grandmother

                                                                I love this picture.  You may
                                                                       see it over and over.
   
                                                                 Maddie's First Birthday!!


  Priceless.....This recliner was finally put to rest after many years.  Reed held on to it as long as he could.

                                              Grandmother, Papa and the great grands!


                                                             Reed and the sisters

                                                                      Cuties!


                                              Lindsey giving some of the cousins a ride!

                                                           My sweet sisters in law

                                                            Aunt Di and Maddie


Caleb and Granny

                                                              Mom and her brothers


Lindsey, Jami, Jodi and Jenna

                                                                         Cousins 

Papa and Reed helping at the Panola Barbeque-A Family Tradition

2.  Friends-I feel truly blessed in this department.  I have so many wonderful friends that I have had for years.  I simply can't imagine my life without them.  I am also disappointed that I don't have pictures of all of them.  I am going to make it a priority to do better in that area.  So look out, my camera and I will be looking for you!


                                                        Caleb and 2 of his women

                                                                       Marnetta
                  Virginia-Even I am horrified by this picture!  Sorry Virginia!

                                                                       Wild thing!!!



                                                             Sarah and Lindsey


                                                               Lynn and Ginger
                                                   Marnetta, Tim, Lindsey, Josh, Larry, Becky

                                                                      Lauri & Phyllis


Stacy, Gloria, Lori, Lauri, Lindsey, & Phyllis


                                                                        Cathy

Phyllis, Me, Melanie, & Stacy

3.  Simple things-Hummingbirds, rainbows, the hayfield, a full moon, snow, the beach, the river, etc....








 
Being a grandparent-This actually should be much higher on the list, but I'm talking about being a grandparent in a broader sense.  I like being able to contribute to the grandmother conversations with friends and strangers alike.  I like being that grandmother that loves buying things for my baby and spoiling her rotten.  I love everything about this new role of mine.  And so does Pop.




Other things on the list-  My job-I love working with children, and I love the wonderful people I work with.  

 Spending time at home-I have always enjoyed this. If I could find a way around cooking, cleaning, and laundry, I would never want to leave home.



This list could go on and on......Do you ever wonder why God has chosen to bless you so greatly?  There are so many things in life that we have no control over.  I think we should enjoy everyday.  I am thankful for my family, friends, my job, and the simple things in life.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment