Monday, July 18, 2011

Oops!

I simply love my furry, good for very little mutts.  Both are spoiled rotten.  Their days go something like this-hang out in the backyard(which is fenced in), eat, get in the gold fish pond, slip into the pool occasionally, dig holes, and sleep....At night, we bring them in and they sleep in the bathroom in our bedroom on a great big dog bed.  They have a tough life...Well, we had a big scare recently.  Reed and I both realized during the afternoon that neither of us had fed them that day.  Around 7:00 that night, Maddie and I scooped up some food and went out back to feed them.  My heart dropped when we realized they were not in the yard.  Maybelle will run off in a heartbeat when given the chance, but Gus has never left the yard.  I had no way of knowing how long they had been gone or how they had gotten out.  Maddie and I sat on the steps and whisteled and called. Reed and Maddie whistled and called. Brooke and Caleb hopped in the car and began searching......Then Reed looked at me and said, "Did you let the dogs out of the bathroom this morning?" I ran inside and up the stairs. Guess who had been in the bathroom for almost 24 hours with no food and water? You would never believe how fast they ran downstairs and to the back door....

They both got lots of hugs, and they simply couldn't drink enough water!





I think she's saying that she can't believe NeNe and Pop did it either!




I truly felt awful about this.  Reed pointed out that they were in an airconditioned room laying on a big dog bed, and it could have been a lot worse..........

No comments:

Post a Comment