Sunday, February 10, 2013

Change of Plans

We had a wonderful weekend planned!  Lillian was being dedicated at their church, and lots of family and friends were planning on joining in on the celebration!  Then a wicked, vicious stomach bug hit their household and everyone's plans changed!  So, we had a very laid back, restful weekend.  In one way that was nice, but boy do I miss those girls!  Nana is headed that way next weekend, and I can't wait!!!!

I can't wait to see these two angels!!  I don't know how grandparents that live really far from their children stand it!


Of course, Reed always has "projects" he enjoys!  He decided this would be a great day to gather a little firewood and play on his tractor.  I think he was shocked when I said I would help. And, when I suggested a few things that I thought would make the task a little easier, he quickly told me he was the boss of the firewood

After completing my manual labor task, he decided we'd do a little fishing.  I was thrilled because I had just downloaded Nicholas Sparks novel, Safe Haven onto my I Pad.  So, he fished and I read.  All in all, it was a great afternoon.  Although, I think that for the first time ever, he didn't catch one single fish!  That really didn't matter, because it was simply a beautiful day to be outside!

The first picture shows Gus in the boat looking longingly at the water.  As soon as Reed got close to the bank, he hopped out and took a little swim.  It is safe to say that both love this dog way more than is normal!

I can't wait until next weekend.  I am rapidly going into Nana withdrawals!

No comments:

Post a Comment