Sunday, February 3, 2013

Something About a Dog

Our household has survived another year of hunting season!  Whew!  Make no mistake though, I actually love this time of the year!  Let me explain my love - to me it means peaceful, quiet afternoons at home for me! Now it's time to round up all the camo from various places around the house and hang it up until next year!

During the last week of hunting, Gus was able to go duck hunting one morning and then track a deer Reed killed the next.  During the summer, he's my dog!  He's my floating partner in the pool on hot, sunny days!  However, he loves hunting!  When he sees Reed getting his gun or shells out, he gets excited and is ready to go! 

This is a deer that Reed and Caleb had watched on the game cameras all season.  He's actually a 10 point, but one side of his rack was not formed correctly, so he needed to go! 


Gus actually located him in a thicket after Reed shot.



Reed took this the morning before while duck hunting.  He is in his element here!!


No comments:

Post a Comment