Monday, January 13, 2014

Fishing

Sunday afternoon, the temperature reached a balmy 62 degrees, and Reed thought it would be great to go fishing after church.  It was a simply gorgeous day, but the fish were not interested in showing their cute little selves.

Reed is the perfect fishing partner.  He baits my hook, spends lots of time getting me free from trees, limbs and stumps, and when I do catch a fish, he takes it off for me!  I might not be quite as good of a partner to him!







The fish weren't biting, so after a little over an hour I headed home, and Reed headed to hunt.  Even though we bombed out on the fish, the scenery can't be beat!  It was a beautiful day!




The slough in the picture at the top of the blog is one of my favorite spots.  I took the picture below as I was driving out, because there were tons of turtles out sunning on logs.  Sadly, I think they all jumped in the water when I stopped.  It is still a beautiful place even on a cool winter day!


I think the fish are safe for at least a couple of more months!  But, we'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment