Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Enough Already

I love snow!  I dream of snow covered fields and lawns!  I especially love school snow days, when I can stay home in front of a warm fire.  However, this years snow event was just a little too stressful!  And boy did the weather forecasters miss this one! Lindsey's school wasn't suppose to dismiss until 12:00, but it became apparent that the bridges on 280 would be iced over way before that.  She left early and barely made it to pick up the girls before things got really bad.  Poor Josh has not been able to leave the hospital.  When it finally thaws out, he will have been there for over 60 hours.  So Lindsey has entertained the girls, and while I think they have had a ball, she's just a little stir crazy!  Caleb was in the midst of all the mess in Birmingham.  It took him almost 6 hours to drive 9 miles. He finally made it within a mile to his house and had to abandon his car and walk.  It was so frustrating and scary as we watched the news and talked to him on the phone.  So thankful they were all able to make it home safe and sound!!


I really do enjoy snow days! It came down really hard for quite a while.  The snow is gone from our front steps, but now they are covered in ice! 

 
 
Reed had some snow on the roads at the hayfield, too.  It's always so pretty there when it snows.
 
 
 


When Caleb sent these pictures, I told him I didn't remember any houses like that on his road........This was taken when he did a 360 on the ice somewhere on his way home!  A good Samaritan was able to get him unstuck and on the way again. The other pictures are of the snow at his apartment complex.  I think he was very glad to see this after such a day! The news this morning said that the area he lives in is one of the worse in the Birmingham area (Vestavia Hills).  I am very thankful  he got home safely!
 

 
 I stole these pictures from Lindsey's Facebook page.  The girls have had a ball! 

 
School is delayed for me in the morning, but I am actually looking forward to getting back to my routine.  I have cleaned the house, cleaned out a couple of closets, gotten my hair cut, and piddled enough!  I am so ready for Spring!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment