Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things-Part Two

Ornaments

Although I love to see Christmas trees with a "theme", I pretty much like to stick with the traditional "stick everything you've got on it" theme.  Lots and lots of my ornaments are very special to me.  I would like to share just a few with you.



The year I was born ( a long, long time ago), my mother and grandmother made several of these ornaments.  They all have different designs and are in different Christmas colors.  They are priceless to me.

Aunt Sandra made this the year Caleb was born.

One of Lindsey's First Christmas ornaments.

For Maddie.......

Sarah Elizabeth made these for all the kids in Miss Dot's Kindergarten one year.


Lindsey's handprint snowmen.

Reed's grandmother (Marine) made this.



Reed said, "Why are you putting that door knocker on the tree?"



 The next few are of an example of several I have that my grandmother made.  For about 25 years, I "helped" her decorate for Christmas.  It went like this-she would sit on the end of the couch and tell me where she wanted things.  I wouldn't trade those memories for anything.  About 2 years before she died, she told me she didn't want to use the crocheted ones anymore.  She said she wanted me to take them home.  Well, at the time I had never really liked them very much and tried to gracefully decline.  She insisted, and I am so glad she did.  I absolutely love them now.  These are on the dining room tree.



 This one is actually tatting (Is that spelled correctly?)  It was done by my great Aunt Laura.

When Lindsey was about 12, Judith Cooley taught her how to do these.

No special story on this one, I just like it........


The picture doesn't do this one justice.  Several years ago, Aunt Di made these.  I think she took clear ornaments and added different colors of paint to the inside and swirled them around.  They are quite unique.

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment