Thursday, March 17, 2011

Has Anyone Ever Died from the Chicken Dance?

I am often asked why I don't put many pictures of me on the blog.  The answer is simple.  I am usually the one taking all the pictures.  However, I want you to work with me here.  Close your eyes and try to picture the next two events.

1.  On the way back from getting Maddie in Alex City, Reed had to show some property in Tuscaloosa.  So, Maddie and I ventured to a nearby park......I am extremely afraid of heights, but she climbed to the top of the highest slide and wouldn't come down.  Up I go, through the inclined tunnel to bring her down.  We then proceeded to go down all the other slides together.  I really wish I had pictures to share of that adventure.

2.  When we got back home, Pop headed to work.  First Maddie and I took a walk around the neighborhood, jumped on the neighbor's trampoline, played in the yard, and with the dogs.  Then we headed in to try out the new Just Dance for Kids on the WII.  Oh my!  I fully understand why you have your kids when you are young.  After SEVERAL chicken dances, the monkey dance, the abc song, and a few more, this Nana was beat!!  We had a ball, but I can assure you I would not share pictures of this even if I had them.........Also thank goodness for naptime.

I don't have any pictures of me doing the chicken dance or coming down the slides,  but here are some others-


Early Morning Dance-
 
 
 
 
As I said above, Nana did alot of dancing during this visit. 
So, if you happened by
you were highly encouraged to dance
with my sweet girl so Nana could have a break. 
Here grandmother is doing "The Monkey."
Worn out after a morning of playing dancing hard!


The Park
Look closely at the slide on the left!  If it doesn't look high- trust me, it was!

This is Maddie sitting at the top of that tall slide.  She wouldn't budge.  She sat perfectly still until I reached her though.
This one was much better!


This tunnel may look like much to an almost 2 year old, but it was very intimidating to Nana
when she had to go through it! And I had to go through it when she was stuck on the top!


The rock wall was a breeze for both of us!

 


A large group of birds flew over, and she grabbed her head!


 
We had a parade around the edge of the playground!



Our little adventure concluded with a snack. 
Next, we loaded back up and headed off to get Pop!


1 comment:

  1. She is so cute! Is she exactly like Lindsey when she was young?

    ReplyDelete