Wednesday, March 30, 2011

One More Fishing Trip

The thing about being an empty nester is that you can pretty much do what you want.......So, one afternoon after work we decided to do a little fishing.  Let me clarify a few things-I am really NOT much of a fisherman.  I cannot bait my own hook, and I just can't bring myself to touch a fish..... However, it was a gorgeous day, and it was a wonderful opportunity to be outside with Reed.  He spends quite a bit of time getting me unhung, baiting my hook, and taking my fish off.  And on this particular day, the wind was literally blowing about 20 mph. BUT, inspite of those few minor details, I totally caught way more fish on this day.  We each caught several crappie, plus I also caught a bass and an ugly alligator gar.  I usually take a book or magazine to read, but now that I have proclaimed myself the queen of fishing, I might actually start really fishing more often.  If I am not careful, he might insist I bait my own hook or take my fish off by myself.  If that happens, it's back to the books for me!

Reed is fixing my hook.  I think he had to replace my hook 3 times!

The Creepy Alligator Gar....



This thing was down right scary looking!


One of my many of the day.
I wouldn't hold him, so Reed had
me put my hand on top of his.
Please ignore the terrible nails.  I came
home and took that week old polish off........


Thanks trusty self-timer!

We let almost this many go.
Not bad for a short, but fun trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment