Thursday, March 31, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Reed ventured into gardening last year.  This year he is adding even more things to his garden.  After doing lots of research, he decided to do a container garden. He actually planted seeds in February, and now they have grown into some quite lovely plants.  He has begun to transfer some of his seedlings from the greenhouse to his containers outside.  I can't wait for fresh tomatoes, peppers, squash, cucumbers, strawberries, eggplant and more.  The best part is that he doesn't like for me to invade his space in the garden.  Fine by me!  I do get to reap the rewards of eating all the goodies.  Last year I put up quite a few pickles and jelly.  Hopefully I'll get to do even more of that this summer.

Below are just a few samples of his plants-

Tomatoes

Squash

Peppers

Yummy!  Maddie will love picking these!


Those strawberries are actually growing in
this Topsy Turvy.  It now has 15 plants. They are really growing.
 I have been very impressed with this little invention so far. 

I'm pretty impressed with these too!

And I didn't want to be left out.  My knock out roses are
already looking great!

We are off to Alex City this weekend for a little pre-birthday visit!  We can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment