Friday, March 4, 2011

A Little Happy

This past weekend Caleb did LOTS of studying for some big tests he had this week.  Sunday afternoon he said he needed a break, so I talked him into venturing out on a little flower searching mission.  Of course, I have plenty blooming in my yard, but I didn't want to pick those.  First we headed down to our land, and I actually found several there.  On the way back home, I took a slight detour down another  road.  He was a little horrified when I hopped out and picked quite a few beautiful flowers from the side of the road.  Reed and I have enjoyed them all week.  Actually, Reed has not mentioned enjoying them, but I am sure he has! Ha! I love them. During this long, cold winter, I had forgotten how wonderful something as simple as a vase of flowers can make you feel.



Now, on another note. Although I love a good deal,  I am really not into garage sales or flea markets, and I promise I have NEVER before rummaged through anyone's garbage.  However, on my way to work recently, I noticed a wreath on top of one of my neighbor's garbage cans.  At first I just drove by.....I couldn't believe she could be throwing it away.  I actually tried to call Reed to see if he thought I should get it.  He didn't answer, so I took that as a sign that it was meant to be mine.  I had admired it many times (when it was hanging on my neighbor's door).  I stopped, quickly got out and threw it in my car before anyone saw me, and then made a super fast get away.  I decided not to hang it on my door until I talked to my neighbor and confessed that I took it.  She actually got a kick out of it.  She threw it away because birds kept building nests in it and were making a mess.  I am quite pleased with my find even though it is really a little too big for my door......But hey, you can't beat free, so I think it's perfect!


Guess who's here????  More on that later. 
Happy Almost Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment